I veganized this recipe from Kelly over at Evil Shenanigans – a fellow Foodbuzz foodie friend – and it is simply delicious! Jo gave us her classic blondies a few posts back, but this is for the peanut butter lovers in the casa! It has a very butterscotch loveliness about it, and you can’t beat that! I did make some minor changes to the original recipe, aside from the obvious veganizations – increasing the cinnamon, using brown rice syrup in place of golden/corn syrup, and using a blend of sugars in place of all brown. So here it is! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
For the blondies:
1 C plus 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/3 C Earth Balance vegan butter, softened if mixing by hand
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 C canola oil/So Delicious coconut milk beverage (50:50 ratio)
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1 TBSP brown rice syrup
For the frosting:
2 TBSP Earth Balance vegan butter, softened if mixing by hand
2 TBSP creamy peanut butter
1 C powdered sugar
1-2 TBSP So Delicious Coconut milk beverage
1. Heat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 square cake pan with parchment.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter, and brown rice syrup. Add the canola/milk mixture and beat until well combined.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add to the creamed butter mixture, and beat until blended. The batter will be VERY thick – a spreadable consistency more than pourable.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
5. For the frosting, add all ingredients to the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until combined and fluffy-delicious. Spread onto cooled blondies. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
On Yesterday In History: Cranberry Sauce with dried cherries – perfect for the upcoming feasting