No…this isn’t the horrible kibble that you shouldn’t be feeding your dog, it’s the delicious treat you used to eat as a kid – or in my case, on bus rides to out-of-town High School football games with the dance team! Oh, how this stuff takes me back! This is great to hand out to friends for holiday snack-gifts, and it also travels well on a plane for those long lines and uncomfortable plane rides during the Festivus holiday festivities…
1/2 C Peanut Butter
1/4 C Earth Balance Vegan Butter
1 C Chocolate Chips
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
9 C Crispix or Oaty Bites cereal (basically a whole box)
1.5 C Powdered Sugar
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a large bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
2. Once it all comes together. Add vanilla and stir well.
3. Place the cereal in a very large bowl.
4. Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Coat with powdered sugar, sprinkling evenly over the cereal and tossing as you sprinkle to cover each piece well. Store in small plastic baggies or glass storage container, give out as gifts or nosh all on your own – Just keep this Puppy Chow away from the pooch 🙂