These tasty farmer’s market – inspired patties can work as a veggie burger, finger food, or accompaniment to any rice or quinoa dish you like. Make them silver dollar sized for a party appetizer, or the size of a slice of bread for a sandwich maker.
1 C chickpea flour
1/2 C water
1/2 tsp each turmeric, coriander, cumin, paprika, salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 medium shredded potato
2 small spring onions
1/2 C chopped chinese cabbage
1/2 C shredded squash
1 hot pepper (optional)
1. Heat a saute pan over med-high, with enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the chickpea flour, water, and spices and set aside.
3. Chop the onions, pepper and cabbage. Shred the potatoes and squash. Your Cuisinart will make short work of it!
4. Mix veggies together is a large bowl.
5. Stir in the chickpea batter.
6. Spoon mixture into the pan and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned. Flip and repeat.
7. Drain the patties on a towel, since they will be oily.
8. Serve hot!