Long time readers will recall that I moved from Albuquerque to Alexandria last August. Now, I’ve finally gotten around to retooling my chocolate chip cookies for sea level. Yay! I know you’re asking yourself how I went six months without baking CC cookies, but ya know, I’ve been busy with the new job, making new friends, yada yada. Anyway, here it is.
2 TBS flaxseed meal soaked in 1/4 C warm water
1.25 C AP flour
1 C oat flour
2 sticks Earth Balance buttery sticks
1 C turbinado sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 bag chocolate chips
1 C nuts (optional)
1. Soak the flaxseed meal in warm water for at least 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream the Earth Balance with the sugar.
3. Add vanilla and flaxseed goo.
4. Add dry ingredients in a few stages, mixing each thoroughly.
5. Mix in chips and nuts. Taste test!
6. Roll spoonfuls of dough into balls.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.