Mmm… stuffing. It wouldn’t be a holiday meal without some delicious cornbread stuffing, that you just can’t get enough of.
one batch of Texas Cornbread, broken up in a large bowl (you can make it the night before and let it dry out overnight)
2 medium poblano chiles (or 1/4 tsp cayenne)
4 TBS Earth Balance Buttery Sticks
2 small onions
2 medium celery ribs
4 medium carrots
2 TBS minced garlic
1 TBS dried oregano
1 TBS dried sage
1 TBS salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 C veggie broth
1. Roast chiles over a gas flame, or under the broiler until skin is charred. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 15 minutes. Peel, core, seed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with Earth Balance. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large skillet, melt the Earth Balance over medium-high heat. Saute onions, celery, carrots and garlic until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in oregano, sage, salt, pepper and roasted chiles.
4. Add to bowl with cornbread, along with the veggie broth. Stir everything together, and transfer to baking dish.
5. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.